2009年3月13日星期五

March 14, 2009

Sometimes there is a deep nostalgia, even just a momentary one, for the life that one has left behind to come to China, or anywhere that isn't home. I had one of those just now. I was looking at an on-line catalog, a familiar thing for me to do, and suddenly I was remembering Trader Joe at home in Issaquah, Washington. I was remembering spring and newly warm sunny days and taking my car on a carefully planned out shopping trip to Costco/PCC/TJ. I was remembering all of the things that I can't get here in China -- but not only that, just the familiar. I was remembering the familiar. It has been almost two years since I have pumped gas into a car. I do still have a driver's license though.

1 条评论:

  1. whoever leaves dried apricots and bulk laundry soap and gasoline for my sake will surely receive a hundred times as much in this life and in the life to come

    回复删除

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。